new

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 3: Friday, July 30th

So today we left Tulsa, OK & headed down the road some more. We had planned all week to try to meet up with my cousin & uncle, who were out trucking & today was the day we'd cross paths. I can't remember the town right now, but we met up with Uncle Bruce & Skylar at a truck stop, so that was nice to see them & spend time w/them for a little while. These were pretty cool to see along the side of the road...lots & lots of giant windmills!!



I'm pretty proud of this picture. Esp. since I was driving & caught such a good shot!

We then finally made it to Texas.

We just had to go across the smaller part of the tip of Texas & I never knew some of those areas were so pretty. It wasn't like how I pictured it & how I had seen Texas before.

We passed another huge cross, but I couldn't get a good pic of this one. Here's the top of it.


We also saw lots of cattle & Mark wanted to see a Texas Longhorn, but there was none to be found.

Near the end of Texas then, we came upon a really pretty scenic area to stop & take pics at. Here's some of what I was talking about. Isn't it pretty?!?



When we stopped at this spot, I got our big lense out for the DSLR & used it a lil, along w/the smaller one. Well I set the big lense on the front dash in the windshield wiper area between the windshield & the back of the hood...& drove off w/it in there! I couldn't believe I did that, but we didn't even realize until we stopped at a gas station in New Mexico & Mark happened to see it sitting there, in the same exact spot I put it in. Thank the good Lord it wasn't damaged at all! I was so mad at myself for doing something so stupid. Guess that's what happens when you're in a car for hours on end, day after day, lol, you get tired & careless w/some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment