new

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 2: Thurs. July 29th

Here's Mark bright & early in the truck ready to go! We left Cloverdale, IN & headed down the road.
This was my view part of the way there. It was hard trying to follow slowly behind or keep in distance of him (w/me leading), since he had to go so much slower than me. There wasn't anything too exciting the rest of the way, until we made it to this state:



We came across this huge cross. I couldn't get a full-length pic of it, but you can get the point of how big it was.


And here I am again, happy that we're making progress & haven't had any probs yet.
And then we came into St. Louis. I was happy to see this arch & thought about how pretty the cityscape was.

I almost missed this sign & was mad because I thought I did, but then I saw I caught it on the far left side there. It's a lot harder than you'd think taking pics while driving.
So I was happy again & went along our way...until I noticed the car immediately sounded funny & was acting funny. I had Mark come up beside me & check out the tires & sure enough I had a flat! Ahhh! This is what we found when we got the tire off the car.

I was so upset & have no idea where the bolt came from, but Mark was wonderful & said not to worry about it, that it's a minor detail & we'd be on our way. At least it didn't happen to the rental truck & we were fortunate that it did happen in the city, because there was a tire dealer real close by. So after like a 2 1/2 hr pause in the humid sun & about $200 later, we were back on our way again.
I did end up missing the Oklahoma welcome sign, but I was able to get a visitor's center sign so that worked. You really can't see it here, but it's there on the left-hand side.



OK was pretty much nothing but scenes like this:
Lots & lots of farmland! But at least it was something to look at, haha. We drove a total of 606 miles this day & made it to Tulsa, Ok, where we stayed the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment