new

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Beginning of our Trek Across the Country! (Wed. July 28th)

Well after a lot of consideration & thinking about things, Mark & I decided that now was the time to pick up & move out of the area to Arizona (where I've dreamed of for years). So I started applying for jobs & finally got an offer at a big hospital here called Banner Boswell. It's in a big system kind of like Geisinger at home, but it's a lot larger & has hospitals in like 7 diff. states. The hospital is in Sun City, AZ, so we decided on an apt. complex in Surprise, AZ, which is only about 15 mins away. Mark can just transfer his union stuff to one out here, so that's what he's going to do.

So the truck was packed & ready to leave Wed. morning July 28th, as planned. Mark & I stayed at my parents, then got up real early & left at 6:15am. Here I am at the beginning of the ride, all packed in & ready to go!

We bought walkie-talkies so we could easily keep in touch with each other since he drove the big Penske truck towing the Jeep & I drove the car & had the GPS. It worked great & was so much easier than trying to use our cell phones or something. We had both seen Western PA many times, so the beginning of the trip was pretty boring! I decided that along the way, I wanted to get a pic of every "Welcome to" sign. Here we made it to the Ohio border...whoo-hoo, lol! Ohio is even more boring than PA. :(



It was sooo boring, that I was ecstatic to see this sign:


So now we're in Indiana: This one got a lil blurry, but I got it! Indiana didn't have a whole lot to look at either, but it was much better than Ohio. Here are 2 city pics of Indianapolis. It was kind of a pretty city.
After Indianapolis then, we drove a lil further to Cloverdale, IN & decided to call it a day. We got 620 miles in this day & we didn't think we were doing too bad. We got a hotel room & some rest for the next few big days ahead of us.







No comments:

Post a Comment