new

Friday, October 8, 2010

Mango coming out our ears! (Aug. 28th)

This week our Bountiful Basket had an option to buy 5 kilos of mangoes as an add-on. So I thought, "yum, I like mangoes. We should get those & try out some new stuff." Well I didn't realize until it was too late what 5 kilos really was...a little over 11 POUNDS of mangoes! So we got our basket (which also had 3 mangoes in it), & our add-on & got to work. We made mango pie, mango custard & also ate some fresh. This is what was left after we made those 2 things:

So needless to say, we had TONS of mango leftover! So I found a bunch of other recipes, but I'm saving them for later so we don't end up hating mangoes, lol. And I also want to save some to make something for when my parents get here in Nov. They're not too adventurous w/foods sometimes & haven't tried mangoes yet. :) So I'm gonna introduce them to a few things, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment