new

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 in review

Well I can't say it was a horrible year, yet not an overly great year either.  We sure have grown since we've moved out here together though.  Here's to hoping/praying that 2012 is an amazing year for us! 

January:
Drove up South Mountain
Explored Lake Pleasant


Went to see the Montezuma Castle
Spent the day at the balloon fest at Lake Havasu City

February:
Spent a week w/just my Dad here doing lots of "guy-like" activities such as showing him S. Mtn, a Nascar truck race, outdoor expo, & a spring training baseball game.


March: 
Spent a ladies week w/my Gt A. Char & her friend Sandy where we went to a wine & art fest, shopping, hiked Camelback Mtn, cooked, & walked around the Desert Botanical Garden.



April: 
Celebrated my 27th Birthday in Tucson & saw the Kartchner Caverns
May: 
Saw my first "broadway show" Billy Elliot with a great group of ladies
Went to see the Body Worlds & Brain exhibit at the AZ Science Center
Took our first flight home to PA for a week to visit fam/friends

June: 
Went to our first amusement park in AZ:  Castles & Coasters
Celebrated Mark's 26th Birthday
Celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary
Mark totaled our car, so we had to get a new one


I started online classes full time to finish my Bachelor's degree

July:
Camped out for a weekend in Cottonwood & Jerome






Spent a weekend in Vegas to see "The Voice" concert




August: 
Nothing exciting, just lots of school & work class stuff

September:
Spent almost a week w/my parents visiting
I started my seasonal position at work where I'll work 7 12hr days/2 wks from Sept.-June, then have off from June to Sept. 
Found out I was pregnant with our first child
October: 
Went to see the Foo Fighters in concert w/friends
Saw our lil baby on the U/S screen for the first time!
Surprised our families with the news of the baby & started telling others

November:
Celebrated our friends' baby girls' arrival into the world
Had our NT scan & got to see baby Smouse again
Announced preg. to work & on FB

December:
Went to the Desert Botanical Gardens Luminaria event


Experienced one of the scariest & worst feelings/things I have had to deal with so far...hope to NEVER EVER have to go through that again!
Found out baby Smouse is a little girl!
Celebrated with a Christmas exchange/get-together with a great group of ladies
Spent a week at home w/fam. & friends by myself to celebrate Christmas
Celebrated Christmas apart from Mark for hopefully the first & last time ever

No comments:

Post a Comment